Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Perils of Having a Son


That's right folks, I have officially joined the Tinkle Club, an exclusive group of parents who have been peed on by their son during a diaper change. It took me three and a half weeks, but finally I have succeeded in having my pants soaked by baby urine. That's not to say that Logan hasn't "leaked" during diaper changes until now. That is definitely not the case. In fact, the day we got Logan home from the hospital, he soiled 6 outfits in a 24 hour period. Some of these got wet from him doing his business and missing the diaper completely, but some of them were from the diaper changes where we weren't fast enough. Luckily, each time his aim was off, saving me or Casey from having to change our clothes.

I actually thought I might be spared from joining the Tinkle Club, since I have been getting pretty good at changing diapers at lightning speed and have also discovered the usefulness of wipes as a shield. But I guess it was inevitable that I experience this particular joy of motherhood.

When Casey and I announced the impending birth of our son, we got several comments to the effect of, "Boys are different from girls, so be prepared." Be prepared for what exactly? Now I know. It's the golden arch* I have to be prepared for.



*For those who haven't read it in a while, this is a reference to To Kill A Mockingbird. So, I'm not being graphic, I'm just showing you how well-read I am :)

No comments:

Post a Comment