Sunday, June 20, 2010

Logan's First Smile

A couple of weeks ago, Logan smiled for the first time while he was conscious. He'd been doing the sleep-smiling thing almost since birth, but his first official on-purpose smile was two weeks ago, give or take. This is the story of that momentous smile.

I had been feeding Logan and was doing my best to coax a burp out of him. Somewhere during the middle of having his back slapped, Logan shifted positions so his face was not on the burp cloth slung over my shoulder. In fact, if he had been anyone else, Casey would have been very unhappy about where he was looking and would have broken his legs (Logan was looking right down my shirt). At that particular moment he released a juicy burp laced with about 2 tablespoons of spit-up. All the lovely nutrative spit-up went right down my shirt and soaked all the underwear and skin in there. The actual shirt remained dry. I yelled at the shock of having my unmentionables puked on and Casey came to relieve me of Logan while I went to change.

While I was in the bedroom, Casey told me that Logan was smiling. And it was a dazzling smile that would have blinded anyone who gazed upon him except he didn't have any teeth yet to dazzle and blind them with. But it proves that Logan has inherited his father's vicious sense of humor and that he enjoys a good practical joke at his mother's expense. Little stinker.....

I don't have a picture of Logan smiling his first smile because I was mopping throw-up off my bra, but here's a photo of him which is equally cute.

This kid is gonna have to beat the girls off with a stick, seriously!

No comments:

Post a Comment