Sunday, July 11, 2010

Triple Flip--ing out

Katherine got very interested in ice skating during the Olympics and has been pestering me to take her skating since February. Seeing as I was pregnant at the time and Casey would rather have his molars pulled without anesthetic than go ice/roller skating, poor Katherine did not get to go right away. Last weekend, Katherine's ice princess dreams were realized when I finally took her ice skating.

So, umm....yeah, it didn't really go as well as we would have hoped.




Pretty much as soon as she got on the ice, she was begging and crying and screaming to get off and go home. When she wasn't clinging to the wall for dear life, she was clinging to my leg for dear life. I thought if she gave it a few minutes, she'd relax a bit and start enjoying herself.

Boy, I was WAY off!

She never did stop crying long enough to see how well she was doing. Once I got her to let go of the wall and just hold my hand, she skated really well. She didn't lose her balance or fall at all. But she was too busy hollering to realize this. We made two laps around the rink and then we quit. I decided it's not nice to torture your child in the name of fun.


This is Katherine's near-hysteria AFTER she got her skates off. So, maybe we'll try it again in a few years, you know, or not...

1 comment:

  1. Your dreams must be shattered. There's always the ski jump, but that's next week right?

    ReplyDelete