Monday, September 19, 2011

Yarrrrr!

File:Pirate Flag of Rack Rackham.svg

Today is International Talk Like a Pirate Day! I have celebrated this auspicious holiday for years, mostly by remembering that it's International Talk Like a Pirate Day as I'm on my way to bed. At that point I do my best "Yarrrrr!" at Casey with a mouthful of toothpaste and promise myself that next year I'll remember before bedtime.

So, this time I actually remembered! In honor of my rememberingness, I went to a sage old pirate and he bestowed upon me a real, honest to goodness pirate name so that I can be all fearsome and stuff. This is my pirate name with accompanying description:

My pirate name is:
Dirty Morgan Cash

You're the pirate everyone else wants to throw in the ocean -- not to get rid of you, you understand; just to get rid of the smell. You're musical, and you've got a certain style if not flair. You'll do just fine. Arr!
Get your own pirate name from piratequiz.com.
part of the fidius.org network

Then, of course, I had to get my family involved. Casey learned his pirate name too. We must really be married. Same last name and everything!

My pirate name is:
Dirty Harry Cash

You're the pirate everyone else wants to throw in the ocean -- not to
get rid of you, you understand; just to get rid of the smell. You're
musical, and you've got a certain style if not flair. You'll do just fine.
Arr!
Get your own pirate name
from piratequiz.com.

part of the fidius.org network

Yarrrrr!

2 comments:

  1. This is highly entertaining. So much so that I took the quiz too. I am Dirty Mary Cash, and I smell:) I think this quiz is a little off. It says the same thing to everyone practically! "You're the pirate everyone else wants to throw in the ocean -- not to get rid of you, you understand; just to get rid of the smell. You're musical, and you've got a certain style if not flair. You'll do just fine. Arr!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I better get this on my calendar for next year!

    ReplyDelete