Thursday, September 17, 2009

Food should always look like food


Yesterday I went out to lunch with a friend and I took Katherine. We had a lovely time and Katherine (for once) ate pretty well. Part of her little kids' meal included a "dirt cup" for dessert. I got all excited when I found out she'd get one of these things because a) they're really good and b) I thought Katherine would think the crunched up cookies with gummy worms would be funny.


The waitress brought out the dirt cup and played up the fact that it's dirt that you get to eat. I was getting into it too, only to discover that Katherine's eyes were welling up with tears. What the heck?? She thought I was trying to force-feed her real dirt! I took a bite to show her that it wasn't actual dirt, but when I offered her a taste, she screamed, "No!!!! I don't want eat a dirt! Yuck!" followed by more crying.


I learned two things yesterday: Mimi's makes a very tasty dirt cup (which I thoroughly enjoyed) and where Katherine is concerned, food should always look like food. We'll just have to be extra careful at Halloween with all those eyeball jawbreakers and stuff. I don't really want to think about Katherine's reaction then *shudders*

1 comment:

  1. I agree with Katherine. I always thought dirt cups and eyeball candies were gross :-)

    ReplyDelete