Thursday, February 04, 2010

Know Thyself

Last night Katherine was suffering from a case of the Nighttime Crazies. I always sort of thought that that particular condition struck mainly cats, but apparently, little kids can get it too. Anyway, she was running around at full speed, laughing like a maniac and jumping on just about everything she saw. Then she started in on the comedy routine, pulling faces and telling jokes...at least I think that's what they were. So, here's what I said:

Kirsten: Katherine, you're such a nerd.

Katherine: (looking completely scandalized). I am NOT a nerd, Mommy. I'm a geek!

Kirsten: Are you sure? You look like a nerd to me.

Katherine: I....Am.....A......Geeeeeeeeeek! (she leaned forward on "Geeeeeeek" to emphasize it)

Kirsten: Huh. OK, so does that mean I'm a nerd?

Katherine: No, you're a dork.

Kirsten: So, does that mean Daddy's a nerd?

Katherine: No, Daddy's a psycho.

4 comments: