Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Ch-Ch-Changes

Life is a mess for us here at my house.  So many things going on.  Katherine has this weird rash on the skin next to her lip that won't go away, Logan is protesting breastfeeding and I'm losing ground to the bottle.  But the thing that has shaken us up the most is Casey's new job.  Now, because this is a public blog and anyone can read it, I'm not going to say anything about it except that it involves a move across two time zones.

Casey left for this new job last week and I have been handling all rest of the stuff.  Our condo is on the market, so I have to keep this place spotlessly clean all the time, which is no small task when raising two tiny tornadoes.  I have no help at all with these tornadoes, so if they're both flipping out at the same time (and this happens pretty much everyday), I have to pick the one who is yelling the loudest and pray the other one doesn't hate me too much.  I feel like Bill Cosby's wife who was attractive and intelligent before the children, but started losing it after the kids were born.
I seriously have no idea how single parents do it.  By 6 o'clock each night, I start fantasizing about drugging my kids with Nyquil (I would NEVER actually do this of course).  Maybe that's the secret of single parenting, Nyquil and nannies.  But honestly, my children are beautiful and sweet and generally well-behaved.  It's just all the other stuff I have to take care of is wearing me down, so every tiny thing that usually doesn't bother me begins to bother me INTENSELY.

Oh and that other stuff!  The constant cleaning, the last minute errands that I can't put off because I won't be here to do them later, trying to figure out how to fly a cat across the country, the broken TV.  Yes, the broken TV.  When Casey left, I thought, "At least the TV will keep the kids out of my hair if I start to lose my cool."  But the day before Casey left, the converter box on our TV died.  Now, I am generally not a person who uses the TV as a babysitter, but when your husband doesn't come home at night anymore, Sesame Street can be a link to sanity.  AND, the kids are getting vaccinated the day after tomorrow...That'll be fun.

I just really hope the movers get here soon and I don't go completely loopy.  Oh, and Casey, if you are reading this, I want diamonds for Christmas....big ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment