Monday, October 04, 2010

I Want to Ride My Bicycle, I Want to Ride my Bike



Yeah, we broke down and bought Katherine a bike. We have a little extra money these days and her birthday is coming up, so we decided to get her a bike before it gets too cold to ride it.

We took her to Wal-Mart and had her try out a few bikes. And being Katherine, she chose the Disney Princess bike with the purse and the water bottle and the tassels and the pink sparkle paint. She wanted a bell, but we thought it was a bit much. You know, we don't want to spoil her.

She's pretty much a natural, except she can't pedal, she can't steer, she doesn't watch where she's going ("Oh look! A bug!"), she can't stop and she can't stay upright, even with the training wheels. She also does NOT appreciate it when you try to help her, until she tips over or wants to move. But as soon as she's upright and moving it's, "hands off!" until that pesky bush has the nerve to jump in front of her and make her crash. But still I can tell that there's an innate bicycling ability there.

Look out Lance Armstrong!

2 comments:

  1. every kids needs a bike...and I'm glad she is girly :-)
    I love that she has natural abilities too :-)

    ReplyDelete