Tuesday, November 09, 2010

These Mashed Potatoes Are So Creamy

I was visiting my parents recently.  We have an interesting conversation style, which my husband refers to as "everybody talks and nobody listens."  It makes him crazy because he is used to having only one person talk at a time.  But we don't do that at my house.  We all talk to each other at the same time and you'll have several conversations going on at once.  This is what happened at dinner the other night.

My Mom:  What are we going to do together on your father's day off?

My Dad:  Pass the butter.  Let's all go to a park or something.  You looking for something Kirsten?

Kirsten:  I just need the Tabasco sauce.

Katherine: Look at me everybody! I have stickers in my hair!


meanwhile.....


Kirsten:  Oooh! I put too much Tabasco sauce in my soup!  Somebody pass me the water!

My Sister:  That'll hurt coming out.*

Everybody else:  What??



*My sister was talking to Katherine, but to me and everyone else, it sounded like she was talking to me.  I think it took about 5 minutes before everybody calmed down.


1 comment:

  1. That's one of my favorite scenes! Makes me smile every time. :)

    ReplyDelete